Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Last Long Run

This morning Victoria and I met to run our last long run before the half. I planned to do 9 or 10 miles, she planned to do 10. So we did 10. She's still nursing an injury that started just before her half several weeks ago, so we followed her program of walking for a minute after each mile. I might be spoiled now. It sure was nice to know a walk was coming! I normally run earlier in the day, but it's already getting warm (even for March). I think it was just above 70 degrees when we finished and it was pretty humid. I've never sweat like I did today (well, not since I started running, but of course I've sweat before). Gross, but I could feel the dried salt on my skin before I showered. As much as I like a margarita I couldn't convince myself it was the same. Our time was 1:52:54, with an average pace of 11:17... just where I should be for a long run, and that's even with the walking. I'm ready for the race. I'll probably try to run 3 more times before next Sunday. I'd like to do the social run at the running store tomorrow morning (call me crazy- I actually WANT to get up at 5:15 to go run in the dark- when the kids are at Nana's and wouldn't wake me up) even though I normally rest the day after a long run. If my legs are sore I'll skip. Promise. Other than that, I'm thinking a couple of 2-3 mile runs at race pace or with bursts of speed.

Thanks for running with me, V! You totally pulled me through that last mile. ;)

No comments: