Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Long Run Suspended

Last night I met with 4 other women from NTX Runners for a 9 mile run. In the winter I checked the weather like I was an 80 year old woman. Multiple. Times. A. Day. !!! I don't bother in the summer because it's all the same. 20-something days straight over 100 degrees, and that's all I need to know. It's hot. So I don't even know if it was hotter last night or more humid or what, but something was different. We all had a tough time. We lost one friend after the first loop (3.35 miles) and another was feeling faint toward the end of the loop but wanted to keep running. We all agreed to slow our pace after that but it didn't get any better. I didn't feel like I was sweating as much as I should have been on the 2nd loop which was concerning for heat stroke so I decided there would be no 3rd loop. Everyone else was fine with that- we all struggled. If I die of heat stroke, it won't matter that I did the long run, because there won't be a race. I finished with 6.7 miles in 1:15:xx. Average pace was something like 11:15. We're going to run trails on Saturday morning, so maybe I can make up the long run mileage then.

1 comment:

Shanda said...

I agree getting your long run in doesn't matter if you end of in the ER!!! It is extremely hot!! I am only surviving on my runs because I start at 5 am when the sun is not out!!! Where are you running trail runs at on Saturday?