Saturday, May 28, 2011

Racing in Costume

I'm so excited for my first race in costume! I'm going to run the Firefly 10k next weekend. It's a night race and they give you LED lights with reflective material and glow in the dark bracelets. They encourage extra "lighting decoration" and costumes. I've had an idea for a costume for several weeks and finally bought the basics for it today. I can't wait to put it all together and show it off! I've always admired costumes and tutus but I haven't ventured into dressing up myself. It's not that I take myself too seriously can't have fun, but I worry about a costume interfering with my racing. And I've never run a race "for fun." I'm already paying money to run on public roads... I'm in it to do my best! Sorry, though, no pics until the race recap! It probably won't be finished until that day night anyway.

Aside from the costume, I'm really looking forward to that race. My first race since I started running was a 10k (in January). I had only run 6 or 7 miles once- the week before the race. So that PR has stared at me every time I pull up my blog and it needs to be replaced! I'm hoping to seriously smash it. I'm sure I'll write about it later this week, though.

And I'm probably going to race that 5k on Monday. I don't think I can resist the temptation of being at a race with the kids and not running myself.

2 comments:

Cari Mugz said...

Make sure you take lots of pics!! i cant wait to see them!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see it! I am not creative when it comes to costumes and love seeing what other people come up with! :)