Thursday, June 2, 2011

Three Things Thursday

***1***I got new running shoes today. I've had enough of "This little piggie cried 'wee wee wee' all the way home!" on my right foot. I'm fairly certain the guy helping me at the running store thought I was crazy as I tried on shoes and rejected each pair for "feeling" the shoe rub funny on my right baby toe. If I notice the shoe just walking, it's going to be magnified when I run. I'm just sayin'! The funny thing is that it's my left foot that measures wide and my right foot measures normal. We decided to size up an entire size, rather than the half size I did for my Brooks Adrenalines. I ended up taking home the Nike Zoom Structure+ 14. I've never worn Nike for running. For my final in-store test, I put the Nike on my right foot and Brooks on the left and they felt pretty comparable but I noticed the Nike less. The guy said I could try them a time or two on the treadmill and return them if they don't feel good.

I'd really love them if I could get the other color (not just for the purple but for the silver instead of white), but it appears they only make that in regular widths. Bummer for the fat feet.
***2*** I got up early and did the social run with the closest-to-me running store this morning. I did a little less than 3 miles at an average pace of 9:23. It was 10 degrees cooler than it'll be at my 10k on Saturday but about 40% higher humidity. I was pouring sweat when we got back to the store. I felt a little guilty for buying my shoes at the competitor running store a few hours later but I had a coupon there!

***3*** And speaking of pace, my goal for the 10k is under 58 minutes, as in 57:59 would be badass given the heat/humidity. That would still be a 4 minute PR. That's 9:20 average pace, 3 seconds faster than this morning. I think I can. I think I can...

3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Good luck on hitting your goal! I hope your new shoes work better for you. I hate shoes that aren't loving my feet, esp since they cost so much!

Shanda said...

I like the running shoes!! Yeah I like the purple ones better too but he it's just a color! My shoes I am running in are not the best color I call then Ronald McDonald shoes because they are red and yellow!! Good luck this weekend!!

Cari Mugz said...

OOOHHHh! I like the purple ones too! Good luck with your run!!! Hope you meet your goal!