Sunday, February 27, 2011

Need Motivation!

As I alluded to in my last entry, I'm struggling with motivation. My runs over the last few weeks have not come easy, not even the short ones. In fact, those almost seem more difficult to pull myself through. I know I have to do the long runs, but I convince myself that the short runs can be skipped or they hurt so I stop. I've been reading running blogs, searching for some magical inspiration and it just hasn't happened. Rock N Roll is exactly one month from today. I've come too far to lose it now. I wish I had somebody else to run with. I may have to look into the social runs that the local running stores have. Maybe that would help. I have 2 races scheduled between now and the half, do maybe just being around other runners will help. I have a 5k next weekend and a 15k in 2 weeks.

Today I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. It was so humid inside the gym and I normally don't sweat so much. I was really missing the wind that I've battled on some of my recent runs!

Total mileage this week was 18 miles.

No comments: