Friday, March 23, 2012

Rock n Roll Dallas Expo

I made a quick trip down to the expo this afternoon to pick up my race bib and related swag for this weekend's half marathon. I finally figured out t-shirt sizing for RnR and ordered a size that will fit- I'm always disappointed when I order a women's small and it's skin tight. I like my tees loose, so I got a women's large. Perfect.

I resisted the temptation to buy all of the pretty things that caught my eye and instead focused on what I needed. I love my ininji toe socks. I started running in them at the end of last summer and they seem to greatly reduce the number of blisters I get on my toes. I can only find solid white or black at my local running stores, and I bought a pair of purple stripes at the RnR St. Louis expo, so I wanted to get a couple more pairs of those. They didn't have the purple stripes, but they had the lighterweight version (which I haven't tried yet but figured would be perfect for the hot summer to come) in a bright pink so I bought 2 pairs. I've been using some sunglasses I bought at Target awhile back but don't love, mostly because they're polarized and my iphone screen looks funny when I look at it through the lenses. I found another pair at the expo. They're regularly $60 online, but they were $29 at the expo and they gave me a code to use online if I decide I love them and want to order another pair for the expo price. They're super lightweight, won't fog, and I think the shape looks better on my face. These are the style I got: Marathon Translucent Frames. The last thing I bought was a super soft longsleeve tee that was marked down at the Sports Authority booth. It reminded me of an Asics ad I loved when I saw awhile back: