Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fast Four

Today I took off running from Lifetime Fitness. I didn't map my run ahead of time, something that I really kind of enjoy. I like to know where I'm going and what the plan is. That's a general life thing, but it carries into running. I started out fast. I turned into the Star Creek neighborhood. Beautiful houses make good scenery. I found a paved trail that I really liked. No, loved. It was wooded, but not so secluded that it felt potentially unsafe, though the first squirrel that ran out in front of me scared me to death. At the end of the paved trail, I saw another trail that led back to the north. It was crushed gravel, so I thought that might be a nice break on my legs from concrete. I would love to find more trails like that. My pace for the first 2 miles was so fast that I was hurting by the time I hit mile 3. By the time I was nearing the front doors of Lifetime, I was begging for the MapMyRun voice to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Please, just say, "Distance: 4 miles"... I promise, I'll love you forever.

No comments: